Friday, July 4, 2014

AMBITIONS AND SUBMITION (1)

AMBITIONS AND SUBMITION (1) 
TEXT: Psalms 16:5-8 (AMP)
5 The Lord is my chosen and assigned portion, my cup; You hold and maintain my lot.
6 The lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; yes, I have a good heritage.
7 I will bless the Lord, Who has given me counsel; yes, my heart instructs me in the night seasons.
8 I have set the Lord continually before me; because He is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.

It is very good for one to desire greatness in life but it is much more important to understand and submit to the will of God. It can be very dangerous to be overambitious in a particular pursuit. In trying to accomplish set goals we must be careful to continually cheek to see  if we are playing within the rules. It may be true that God has destined for you to have an international dimension of what you are doing but wisdom demands that you wait and cheek again and again to be double sure that it is time. Those who fail to do so have often than not stepped out ahead of God only to be overwhelmed by the harsh realities of life. When we submit to the will of God, the Lord will go before us and cause the lines to fall in pleasant places for us. The people, systems and laws that will work in your favour will fall in place awaiting your arrival. When the Lord goes before you every challenge and battle are taken care of because it is your time. No matter how ambitious you are, never ever run ahead of God.  Discipline yourself to always submit to the will of God and you will be amazed the glory that will follow.  


No comments:

Post a Comment