Monday, July 7, 2014

ANGELIC MINISTRY (PART 2)

ANGELIC MINISTRY (PART 2)
TEXT: Hebrew 13:1-2
Let brotherly love continue.
2 Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertain angels unawares. KJV.

 We must be careful how we  
In the year 2012 I was in Germany for a music fair and had to travel a little distance that involves taking the Bus, Tram and Train. I did not have much cash on me so I chose to look for the cheapest was to move around and also eat quality food. In the morning of the third day I got down on my knees to ask God for some leading and help before a set out. I left my hotel for the Bus stop and met a lady who said she is from Ghana and she explained to me how to get around and how things work. With that I was able to make my way to the music fair. I during lunch I decided to walk around and see more of Frankfurt, I had walked some distance picked up a few items and then felt the need to go back to the venue of the fair then I realized that this is going to be a long distance. Just as I was contemplating a man walked up to me from the direction I was heading and spoke to me in English in a very friendly manner with some compliments and then went on to ask some questions to get familiar. He then offered to show me around and amazingly said I know a place where you can get good food at a good rate. He then took me to the university cafeteria which was along my route and offered to get a tray for me stood on the cue, explained to me the food on display, their prices and then went on to place the order as he communicates with the attendant in Dutch. He carried the food to a table where we sat down to talk as I eat. He refused to eat, he just sat there to see that all is well. I asked him for his phone number he said I should not worry about that. I asked him if he is on Facebook and for his email he said he had none. But he finally gave me an address to contact him with but this too got missing in a way I cannot explain. He then asked to see the tag hanging on my neck which had some instructions written in Dutch, after which he said do you know that with this your movement around Frankfurt for the duration of the fair has been paid for? I was so amazed and at the same time angry that I have spent some money for that which I have paid for but then I became grateful and relieved that I won’t have to spend anything on transport again. He walked me back to the exact spot where we met, showed me the way to the music fair and said good-bye. It took a long time for me yet I have not been able to figure out what really happened.

Beloved, our scripture for today tells us not to be forgetful in entertaining strangers because you just can’t tell when you may be dealing with an angel. And I want to believe that it implies that your attitude to strangers also has a way of attracting supernatural help to be rendered to you by strangers. In other words, those who wish to attract angels to their lives should also be willing to be the angel of others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment