Friday, February 21, 2014

THINK LIKE THE BOSS & GET THE BLESSING (PT 2)



TEXT: John 10:11-18 (KJV)
11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.
12 But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.
13 The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep.
14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.
15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.
16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.
17 Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.
18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.
In Nigeria there is this wicked and unpatriotic saying by many government workers, they will say “You do not bear the burden of government work on your head, but rather you bear it on one of your shoulders so you can easily drop it when you get tired”. This is obviously the reason most government establishments and assignments rot and decay. But the irony of it all is that when this same job or establishment is privatized and taken over by the same Nigerians things begin to work. This reveals the fact that most of us are selfish, self-cantered and wicked. When it is for our personal benefit we are ready to do everything to make it work but when we are employed or in the place of rendering a volunteer service we become armed with enough excuses. This is what reveals the difference between the shepherd and an hireling. In verse 13 of our text, the Lord said 13 the hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep. His major concern is what he stands to gain from the job. When you are working with any machine, tools or equipments of the organization and things develop problem as a result of your carelessness you are an hireling. If all you are concern about is for a new equipment to be bought to replace the one you could not manage, then you are still a child. You are far from that which qualifies you for your own lifting. If you are wise enough to think and act like the boss you will in no time become the boss. Beloved, act like the owner you will truly become blessed like the owner.  The Glory Realm Devotional by Rev. Igho Y; the Glorious Fountain Ministries.



No comments:

Post a Comment