Monday, February 24, 2014

THINK LIKE THE BOSS & GET THE BLESSING (PT 3)


TEXT: John 10:11-18 (KJV)
11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.
12 But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.
13 The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep.
14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.
15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.
16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.
17 Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.
18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

If your motivation to be in a place is just to get a job and earn a living, your heart will be focused on how much money you can make than a passion to render service to help make the establishment improve. Such persons do not contribute much to the work but they want the job to contribute much to them. They are not ready to inconvenient themselves and if it is possible they will avoid work. They are the type that will always look forward to holiday and would be more comfortable when there is a problem with the job so they can rest from work. They are like the hireling in verse 13 of our text, it says 13 The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep. He does not care for the sheep he is employed to take care of, therefore when he sees the Wolf coming he takes to his heels. But the good shepherd is ready to lay down his life for the sheep. It may seem too dangerous to risk his life for the sheep but in doing so he truly position himself for an unusual favour because by doing so he passed the test that qualifies him for a great testimony. That is why in verse 17 the good shepherd testified saying,Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life…”. If any man is able to do this he will attract favour from both God and man. In handling their job with a clean and passionate heart they make it possible for them to receive the blessings of their boss. If you have the heart of your boss you will also have the blessing that goes with such hearts. Think like the boss and get the blessing.The Glory Realm Devotional by Rev. Igho Y; the Glorious Fountain Ministries.


No comments:

Post a Comment