Thursday, June 2, 2016

STAY AWAY FROM THE VALLEY

JUNE 3RD
 
Text: Exodus 32:6-8 King James Version (KJV)
6. And they rose up early on the morrow, and offered burnt offerings, and brought peace offerings; and the people sat down to eat and to drink, and rose up to play.
7. And the Lord said unto Moses, Go, get thee down; for thy people, which thou broughtest out of the land of Egypt, have corrupted themselves:
8. They have turned aside quickly out of the way which I commanded them: they have made them a molten calf, and have worshipped it, and have sacrificed thereunto, and said, These be thy gods, O Israel, which have brought thee up out of the land of Egypt.
 
When Moses went up the Mountain to get the Ten Commandments, Joshua followed him till he could not go further. But the people were in the Valley and after they waited for some time, they rose up to play. If you can’t get to the mountain top, please don’t stop and stay with others at the valley.
 We are living in a time where people are looking for substitute to fellowship with God, and are increasingly craving to have fun in church. 
 Only people who have spent quality time with God can tell the difference between fleshy pleasure and quality fellowship. When Moses met Joshua on his way down the Mountain of divine encounter with God, Joshua told him that there was the sound of war in the camp, but Moses told him it was the sound of a people who had departed from God. Are you in the camp of a people who are far from God or with those who have a glorious walk with God?
When the Israelites made the golden calf, they wanted something that would help them have fun, so they began to defile themselves and do all kinds of nonsense.
The enemy will give you a lot of reasons to stay in the valley, but I advice you to refuse to cooperate with him. Aim for the mount of God like Joshua did and you will be delivered from the plague of the valley. I remember my experience during one of my trip to mount Sainai. 
 
During that trip, I had an allergy. I was reacting to any strong smell like the fumes of the vehicles, perfumes and other strong smells. This made me sick and weak, and when we got to the Sinai region, we were told that those who are not fit to climb should stay back to rest in the valley. But when it occurred to me that that was where the children of Israel sinned against God by pleasing their flesh, I refused to stay back. I said to myself, at least I should make it to the middle of the mountain like Joshua did. But the amazing thing is that once I got to the mountain, I made it to the top, and when I got back from that trip, I discovered that I was totally healed of that affliction. 
Refuse to rot in the valley with others, make your way to the mountain and you will be amazed what the Lord will do in and for your life. Go after God with all your heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment