Friday, October 30, 2015

CHARISMA AND CHARACTER

OCTOBER 30TH


TEXT: 1 Corinthians 13King James Version (KJV)

1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.

3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,

5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;

6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; 

7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. 

10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away. 

11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. 

13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

Some of us wants others to know that we are spiritual, so we begin to talk in a particular way to make people feel that the anointing is in our charisma. The anointing is not a pattern, method or form. Until your charisma matches your character you are only a sounding gong.

It is true that the Lord desires to use every one of us in a special way and that’s why God created you uniquely. Your uniqueness is a pointer to a divine design but it is sad that may have exchanged this for a form. He wants to use you to affect lives around you just the way you are but there must be some transformation of your character to conform to His word. The anointing is not in the way people talk or preach. Do not try to be anyone else, there is something unique about you.

If you are struggling in certain areas of your life just, let God know. If you cannot pray, tell Him the truth and ask for help. If you are praying and having results, thank Him and ask for more grace.

The anointing comes when you crave for more of God but many are only interested in the power. That is why some claim to be anointed but have serious character issues. The deeper you go in your walk with God the more the glory increases. To go deeper you have to be desperate for more of God. The glory of God has nothing to do with methods and patterns (Rom. 11:33). People get anointed when they stay in God’s presence and soak into His nature and glory. You become progressively sensitive till you are able to discern and understand the will of God. It will not come by people laying hands on you. No matter how many anointed men of God lay hands on you if you are not ready to pay the price it will all amount to waste of time. Go for God and then you will find the glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment