Friday, October 9, 2015

DENOMINATIONAL AFFILIATION IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH

OCTOBER 10TH

1 Corinthians 3:1-6Amplified Bible (AMP)
Foundations for Living
3 However, brothers and sisters, I could not talk to you as to spiritual people, but [only] as to [a]worldly people [dominated by human nature], mere infants [in the new life] in Christ!

I fed you with milk, not solid food; for you were not yet able to receive it. Even now you are still not ready.

You are still [b]worldly [controlled by ordinary impulses, the sinful capacity]. For as long as there is jealousy and strife and discord among you, are you not [c]unspiritual, and are you not walking like ordinary men [unchanged by faith]?

For when one of you says, “I am [a disciple] of Paul,” and another, “I am [a disciple] of Apollos,” are you not [proving yourselves unchanged, just] ordinary people?

What then is Apollos? And what is Paul? Just servants through whom you believed [in Christ], even as the Lord appointed to each his task.

I planted, Apollos watered, but God [all the while] was causing the growth.

 
When I got saved, my friends were wondering why I was still worshipping in a particular denomination that they term “orthodox” even though it was not.  They supported their position by quoting the scripture “come out from among them”. So, I went seeking the face of the Lord to know where and what He wanted me to do about where to worship. The Lord told spoke to my heart to remain in that church. He made me to see that there is work He has designed for me there. He told me if I would open my heart, I would hear Him.

 Our God will not use you because you attend a particular church, but His glory can be accessed by anyone hungry enough for Him. So many times, we claim to be seeking God but not many of us are hungry enough to put a demand on the anointing. The woman with the issue of blood was able to put a demand on Jesus’ anointing because she was determined to, even though she was not on His agenda. When we come into God’s presence it is up to us to put a demand on the anointing, when we do, then we can breakthrough. 2015 is not for weaklings, but for those who are desperate to hear from God and are ready to go the extra mile.

The Holy Spirit wants to be involved in our everyday life. You cannot afford to exclude the Holy Spirit from any aspect of your life and expect to make it. He have to be actively involved in all areas. Christians get holy on Sunday morning but as soon as we leave church, many are just like any other person. You do not want to have a form of godliness but a real walk with God. Jesus must have 100% or nothing (Deut. 6:5). Love must rule in your heart also, not our idea of spirituality.

No comments:

Post a Comment