Tuesday, November 10, 2015

RESOLUTE IN STAYING RELEVANT (PART 2)

NOVEMBER 11TH


TEXT: John 15:1-5 King James Version (KJV)

15 I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.

2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.

3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.

4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.



Some of us are not ready to commit ourselves to God, but He is saying if we will spend time in His presence, glory will rest upon us. If you will dedicate yourself to Him, darkness cannot manipulate you.

Someone is anointed because of the presence of God. The anointing of God upon him releases power on his word and when he speaks there is authority. The more time a man spends with God, the more of His presence rubs off on him. On the other hand, the less time you spend with Him, the more obscured his presence will become in your life and if you continue in your descent, you will begin to run on an empty tank. At such a time, you cannot function right; you begin to say things you should not say and do things you should not do. This person will soon become insensitive to God’s presence.

If you are to do things to manifest His power and glory, then you must have a consistently intimate relationship with the Lord that is continually on the increase. Don’t be satisfied with remaining at one level for so long, move on to higher dimension of walk with the Lord. When a man has this kind of walk with the Lord he can hear God any time anywhere and is able to know what to do because he is continually hearing from the Holy Spirit. It is not enough to hear the Holy Spirit in your prayer time, you should get to the place where you can boldly say He walks with me and talks with me. Our Lord Jesus was always in touch with the Father that is why He said, it is what I see my Father do that I do. He was able to successfully complete His assignment because He has an unbroken intimate relationship with the Father.

So many of us have lost that intimacy. After Moses left the tent of meeting, Joshua would stay behind, he did not leave and so when it was time for someone to take over from Moses, it was obvious it had to be Joshua. This year, the Lord is looking for those who will run continuously with the glory. Only those who have this kind of intimacy can testify of glory and rest. God is waiting for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment